Who doesn’t love good (or even not so good) cat puns? No matter the occasion, a clever feline-inspired turn of phrase is the perfect addition to everything from birthday cards to Instagram posts to texts.
Below, you’ll find some truly hissterical pawsibilities. Are some of these kitty puns ap-paw-lingly cheesy? Purrhaps. In fact, some are downright clawful and even cat-astrophic. Please furgive us—we aren’t purrfect.
Meow, let’s get started! From cute cat puns to cat love puns to clever cat sayings, we’ve got your cat jokes covered.
Best Overall Cat Puns
We love all cat puns, but these are especially cat-tastic.
- Paw-don me, but are you fur real?!
- Looking good, feline good
- You’re the cat’s pawjamas
- Live long and pawsper
- Meow you doin’?
- I’ve got felines for you
- Best furiends furever
- I’m a total cat purrson
- With the right catitude, anything is pawsible
- You’re purrfect just the way you are
- So fur, so good
Funny Cat Puns and Cat Jokes
Looking for cat pun jokes? You’ve come to the right place! These punny punchlines are sure to earn giggles (and/or eye rolls) from even the grumpiest cats.
What’s a cat’s favorite cereal?
Why did the cats ask for a piano?
They wanted to make mewsic
What is every cat’s favorite book?
The Great Catsby
What is a cat’s favorite historical site?
The Egyptian purramids
What do you call a cat teacher?
What’s a cat’s favorite TV show?
Claw and Order
What color do cats love the most?
Which day of the week do cats love the most?
What did the cat say after making a joke?
What’s a cat’s favorite sports car?
What word do millenial cats overuse?
What do cats like to draw?
Why did the cat get fined?
He was caught littering
What’s the best medicine for cat allergies?
Why don’t cats like online shopping?
They prefer cat-alogues
What’s the worst kind of cat?
Cat Birthday Puns
If cats could send birthday cards … well, they wouldn’t. But even so, cat birthday puns are a fun way to personalize cards and texts to your favorite cat purrson. Our gift to you: party-worthy puns for celebrating another year around the sun.
- You’re how old?! You’ve got to be kitten me.
- Have a paw-some birthday!
- Have a pawsitively purrfect birthday!
- Have a cat-tastic birthday!
- Meow is the time to party!
- Happy birthday to one cool cat.
- Another birthday?! Not pawsible!
- Happy birthday to mew!
- Turn up the mewsic and let’s get this pawty started!
- Celebrating mew right meow!
- Happy purrrthday!
Cat Food Puns
When it comes to punny wordplay, cat puns and food puns are some of the strongest categories. Put them together and what do you get? Cat food puns that earn two paws up.
- Avocatto (avocado)
- Baked purrtato (baked potato)
- Biscatti (biscotti)
- Cappurrcino (cappuccino)
- Catpuccino (cappuccino)
- Focattia (focaccia)
- Hampurrger (hamburger)
- Marsh-meow-low (marshmallow)
- Meowtini (martini; shaken, not purred, of course)
- Pawpcorn (popcorn)
- Pawsta (pasta)
- Purrito (burrito)
- Purrseco (prosecco)
- Tempurra (tempura)
- Water-meow-on (watermelon)
If you’ve seen the movie “Super Troopers,” you understand just how amewsing a good meow pun can be. Meow, without further ado …
- Press paws and live in the meow.
- Meow-zel tov!
- Will you meowy me?
- I love you, meow and forever.
- How do you like me meow?
- Now wait a meowment …
- Meow are you doing?
- It’s meow or never.
- Stop stressing meowt!
- Enjoy every meowment.
- Meow you’re talking!
- Here and meow …
- Any minute meow …
Are you smitten with kitten puns? You’ve come to the right place. These pint-sized puns are pawsitively adorable.
- You’ve got to be kitten me right meow.
- I’m just kitten around.
- I can tell you have a secret – it’s kitten all over your face!
- It was meant to be – it was kitten in the stars.
- As good as mew.
- All kitten aside, cat puns are the best puns.
- How did the lazy kittens do on their school project? The bare mewnimum.
- What is every kitten’s favorite movie? The Little Purrmaid.
Cat Pun Names
Cat pun names are the gifts that keep on giving. When your feline friend has a punny name, you get to giggle every day. (Disclaimer: We’re laughing with you, not at you, kitties.) Consider these meow-worthy monikers.
- Cat Benatar
- Cindy Clawford
- Catalie Portman
- Harry Pawter
- Kitty Purry
- Leonardo DiCatrio
- Meowly Cyrus
- Notorious C.A.T.
- Paw McCartney
- Santa Claws
- Sir Isaac Mewton
- William Shakespaw
Well there you have it—dozens of cat-tastic puns to use meow or later. Have a mice day!